Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Providence Bruins



I went to my first pro hockey game last weekend! It was the Providence Bruins vs the Worcester Sharks and I went with Dada & Papa. They had a Kids Hat Night promotion so here I am with my new P-Bruins hat.

No actual pictures from the game- Dada & Papa were too busy discussing the merits of the neutral zone trap to take any pictures. Providence ended up losing the game 2-1, boo hoo, whatever, The #1 star of the game in my book was the ZAMBONI!!!!! Nobody prepared me for it and I've never seen one in my life. It's not in any books I have or in any shows or movies. I didn't know what to make of it. It's not a truck, definitely not a car, it doesn't tow anything, there's no sirens, it moves pretty slow, and you can't really see what it's doing to the ice. On paper it doesn't sound too exciting but in person it was COMPLETELY AWESOME! And there were TWO of them on the ice at the same time. It was double the awesome.

I went to a Zamboni show which was interrupted 3 times by some hockey action. I did learn some new words while I was in the stands as well: Zamboni (of course), Offsides, No Goal (while waving my arms in front of me), $#@%, #@*&#, #$@*#!, and &$#@!

Hooray Hockey!!


(File Photo)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! So much excitement in one night!!! Who knew??? "Zamboni" is the winner, for sure.

Love,
Nana
XXXOOO

P.S. Love the new hat..LOL