We've been cutting down our own Christmas Tree after Thanksgiving for a few years now- here are pics from
2007,
2008, and
2009, We weren't going to do it today but the weather cleared, Luke woke up from his nap, and we got the go ahead from the bosses. It was GO TIME!!

Here we are at the beginning path- the sign said be careful of the baby trees- Luke loved that!

Luke and Dada with the tree farm behind them! ( and I'm way back there running away!)

Me and Luke on one of the rocks!

Luke exploring on his own

And here is inspector Luke checking out the trees.

And here's the one we picked! If you notice there's LOTS of room under it for presents (hint hint!!)

Woodsman Dada chopping it down!! He actually pulled a tree out of the ground with his bare hands, made a saw from that, and then cut this one down with the homemade saw. Legend.

After we picked the tree we were free to run on the paths.

Here we are on another rock!

I took this one! Not bad right?

Luke sizing up the rock wall.

We originally thought the giant rock outcroppings were the most dangerous thing on the property- until we saw the rock wall!! So OF COURSE we had to tr it!

Luke on the final part of the wall

We used the auto photo feature for this shot- ok 3 out of 4 isnt bad.

TAKE TWO!!!
Wait I thought we were doing Jazz Hands for this one. No? ok we might be maxing out at 75% success rate.

I made it to the top!

After a long day of not listening I had to have some gingerbread graham cracker by the fire.

Here we are by the snowman measuring pole!

Here we are at the same measuring pole last year!!!! We're growing!!!!!

Goofiset reindeer and snowman I've seen in a while!

Luke wanted to be the reindeer too!

We loved the map of the whole farm!
1 comment:
What great pictures! I've followed you on this path and I am exhausted...rock wall climbing...path running...whew!!!
Woodsman Dada did a great job of making a tree saw to cut down another tree, Who knew???!!!
Good pic of Mom,Dad,Teddy & Luke... but, 2 out of 3 is 66 2/3 %...just saying.
I hope the measuring pole is tall enough for next year's picture...LOL.
Love,
Nana
XXXOOO
Post a Comment